I am learning to walk a lot faster here!! Because I tend to wake up late and rush to school/wherever I'm going. I am making large strides in London! ^^
I went to the famous Portobello market to walk around this morning! It was quite awesome to see the version of markets here. It's a bit like the ye shis in taiwan, just with less food and more arty stuff/clothes/variety? I realise Singapore has nothing of a similar scale. It felt quite magical there, actually. Although there were lots of tourists (couldn't understand half the crowd, heard a couple of Singaporeans), it didn't have the commercialised feeling so palpable in other touristy shopping areas. Yet compared to heartland shops in Singapore, it had a classier feel. And you really see the depth and breadth of culture here (e.g. so many antiques, and items from different countries). Also, many of the items on sale were really pretty! Like jugs with very pretty cupcakes printed on them etc. Um but stuff was kinda expensive hahaha
Yay to tell the truth, Portobello market is 3 minutes' walk from my hall hahaha I think I am very lucky ^^ I will probably go back to buy stuff before coming back to Singapore! It will probably take a whole day to walk the entire length of the market...