Hello!
I am in London now :) So far, so good!
I was initially afraid I was going to go hungry but the problem has been solved! I started cooking yesterday so it's okay now :) I am going to make sure I eat proper meals to stay healthy and keep my brain healthy. Haha thanks for the nutritional briefing pl!
I've met pretty cool ppl so far! There's my roommate, she's a hall senior and she's really friendly and nice. And she reads a lot too! Like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and some politics books and The Economist woohoo!! :) I think I can cook with her sometime, she doesn't eat very healthily >:| And there's this girl from Brunei who's similarly proficient in English and Chinese and is also a middle sister of 3 girls and plays badminton lolol. I've been walking to school with her. And there's this malaysian, her father is actually Romanian and she's studied in local schools in both Romania and Malaysia so she kinda fits in with both Malaysians and Romanians. And when I'm in the kitchen I meet cool ppl too! There's this guy from Northern Ireland whose food always looks really good, and there's this guy whose mother is from New Zealand (he's English). There are some ppl I'm kinda scared of though, mainly those who uh drink a lot lol.
At a certain point on the first day I got kinda apprehensive while walking back cos I was scared I wouldn't be able to perform (i.e. be among the top few in my class, take on an exco position in a volunteering club, be qualified to apply for an ideal mid-term scholarship - these are my goals) and waste my potential when I might actually be able to go much further and do more for others. But that day I kinda planned stuff out so it was okay. Anw, just to remind myself, my priorities are:
1) Being there for and holding on to family and friends
2) Studies - be good at technical knowledge so I will be able to apply them, improve my thinking and communication skills, must be good for career prospects
3) Involvement in a community-oriented club - so I can learn useful skills out of the classroom, do something meaningful, and good for career prospects
4) Making friends - I kinda regret not making friends enough in JC, I think making friends is part of making the most of my time here. Of course it's more about quality than quantity though.
5) Reading up and experiencing more! I think I've got a lot to learn beyond my course, so I intend to read up and travel :)
I have got to sleep now! Goodnight! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment