But even though it took a lot of time, I think it was worth it! Aside from the korean I learnt, it was actually very touching and reminded me that life is really short and no one lives forever. Yesterday I was feeling a bit like a dead battery and worried that I couldn't find my motivation from before. But after finishing the show (and tearing up so much), I remembered that I want to live every day like it's my last. And that doesn't jus t mean studying hard, it means doing my best for the people in my life. Like doing things that will help them/make them happy and also being as positive as I can be every day.
Nearly all the characters had gone through pretty heartbreaking moments in their lives, and I realised that compared to many ppl I'm very very lucky. And I don't think it's right that I waste what I have - I really need to work hard to make the most of it and be the best I can be. Also, one of the ideas in the show was that the lead could be kind largely because of how privileged she was. I think it's true - it's easier to be kind if you've grown up sheltered. That's why I think people shouldn't really be judged by how they are at the current moment, but how much better they've tried to be given their circumstances. (Deviating a bit, I remember when I did this 'beauty pageant' thing for the imperial singsoc orientation camp, and the question I got was, 'What do you think beauty is?' I said beauty is loving who you are. I suppose it might have sounded selfish. But I thought about it afterwards and I wouldn't change my opinion. I think loving yourself doesn't mean indulging yourself - I think it means trying your best to be someone you can be proud of and respect. Years ago I might have equated beauty to kindness, but now I think that might be too superficial and unfair to the people who haven't had much reason to be kind to others. It's not that I think kindness isn't important - I personally find it very important. But I feel kindness alone cannot serve as a sole yardstick for judging people.)
I really liked how all the characters in the show were so multi-layered. Like the bad ones also had their mistaken reasons for being bad, and were remorseful to a certain extent the whole while. And even the good characters had their dark sides - not understanding others, and being kind in such a naive way that they ended up hurting people instead. In a way, I think I learnt from quite a lot of the characters. I want to be as cheerful and strong as the lead character was, and I really liked how she put others before herself.
And there was this part in one of the last few episodes that stuck with me - one of the characters told another to recall the happy times she had when times were tough and to live on with the courage that that provided. Pretty cool.
Apart from that the drama was very touching because the emotions displayed were really sincere, and this spanned the kinship, friendship, and romantic relationships present. Also, the plot was not cliche at all. There also weren't many awkward melodramatic moments woohoo :D
Yay likes! I hope these 20 hours give me the strength to keep living properly for a long while yet ^^ I think I shan't be spending so much time on entertainment (nice word for slacking lol) for quite a while...
Here's one of the OSTs I really like! Although if you haven't watched the show the feeling probably isn't so different when you hear it haha.
I had nasi lemak at the Malaysian food place today with the mech eng Singaporeans! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment